- Consultant bariatric surgeon at Royal Derby Hospital
- Honorary (Consultant) Assistant Professor, School of Medicine, University of Nottingham
He received extensive surgical training in general and laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery working in several different hospitals in London, Manchester and throughout Yorkshire. He then underwent further specialist training with the prestigious bariatric fellowship at Sunderland Royal Hospital before taking up his appointment as a Consultant Surgeon at the Royal Derby Hospital.
He plays an active role in teaching medical students and training junior doctors. He regularly teaches on advanced laparoscopic surgery training courses.
He has a keen interest in research. He has published several articles in peer-reviewed medical journals and has presented at national and international conferences. He continues to participate in medical research, and collaborate with surgeons and professionals nationally and internationally to advance research.
Member of following organisations –
- The Royal College of Surgeons, England
- British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland