Qutayba Almerie MD, MSc, FRCS
Current Position: Consultant Laparoscopic, Upper Gastrointestinal and General Surgeon at Manchester Royal Infirmary (Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust)
Specialism: Weight loss, anti-reflux, abdominal hernia and gallbladder surgery
Qutayba qualified in 2008 and then received extensive postgraduate surgical training in general, laparoscopic (keyhole) and upper gastrointestinal surgery working in different hospitals across the Yorkshire region.
Following the completion of his surgical training, Qutayba undertook a 2-year fellowship in advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) bariatric surgery at Phoenix Health under the supervision of Prof David Kerrigan the ex-president of the British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society.
Qutayba offers a wide range of NHS and private bariatric procedures within Phoenix Health including gastric balloons, gastric bands, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric bypass.
Qutayba is very active in the field of research and has published over 40 medical articles and presented his work nationally and internationally (Research Gate).
He is a regular reviewer in multiple medical journals including the Obesity Surgery journal, the official journal of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO).
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS General Surgery), England
- MSc (Master of Science), University of Edinburgh
- General Medical Council (No. 7008170)
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland (AUGIS)
- British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)