A Bento box recipe – perfect post weight loss surgery lunch idea
If you’re looking for a portable portion of food to take on a picnic, to the office or simply out into the garden, then here is a winning recipe that travels well and is bursting with protein and other great nutrients.
Look for a half-normal-size bento box if you have a packed lunch most days … it will make the perfect bariatric lunch box ideal for post weight loss surgery patients.
Now here’s that recipe for the perfect post weight loss surgery lunch idea;
6 large eggs, beaten
2 tbsp snipped chives
100g chopped cooked ham
½ onion, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Low-fat cooking spray
4 Babybel light cheeses, each cut into 6 pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C/350F/gas mark 4.
2. Mix the eggs with the chives, ham, onion and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spray six holes of a deep muffin tray or medium-sized flan or quiche dish with low-fat spray. Pour in the egg mixture ensuring that the ham and onion are equally shared. Divide the cheese pieces between the muffin cups or large quiche, pressing down lightly into the egg mixture.
4. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the quiches are well-risen, lightly browned but still slightly wobbly in texture (they will continue to cook after removing from the oven so this gives a creamy rather than over-cooked texture). Allow to cool then chill.
5. Serve the muffin sized quiches individually with salad or cut the larger quiche into wedges for serving.